Olive Bread (Ελιόψωμο) full recipe + short video
To prep.: 0:30′
To cook: 0:50′
Servings: 2 loaves
- Ingredients for 2 loaves
- 1 kilo hard flour and little extra to brush
- 60 gr. fresh yeast
- 4-5 soupspoons olive oil and a little extra for baking dishes
- 1 level teaspoon of salt
- 1 level teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- two thirds of a cup of Kalamon olives without pips
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme or 1 cup of dried thyme
- Dissolve the yeast in half a teacup of warm water and place in a bowl.
- Add the oil, 2 teacups of water at room temperature and then the flour.
- Add the sugar, the salt and the vinegar and knead until the dough is smooth.
- Let the dough rest. Thereafter, add the olives and the thyme and then knead again.
- Shape into 2 loaves.
- Place into lightly brushed olive oiled baking dishes or lined with wax paper.
- Brush lightly with some flour and let stand for 1 hour in the baking dishes
- Bake the olive bread for 50 minutes at 170 degrees celsius to 180 degrees celsius.
In the video, the cook Nektarios Livitsanos (Facebook)
The recipe is from icookgreek.com