Chicken with sour cream and wine (Κοτόπουλο με κρασί και κρέμα γάλακτος) full recipe + short video
To prep.: 0:15′
To cook: 0:50′
Servings: 4 portions
- 1 chicken cut into small portions
- 1 onion ( finely chopped )
- 8 pieces of ham ( finely chopped )
- 100 ml. dry white wine
- 350 ml. low fat sour cream
- pepper ( freshly grated )
- 2 soupspoons butter
- 1 soupspoon olive oil
- 1 soupspoon worcestershire sauce ( optional )
- 80 gr. grated parmesan cheese or gorgonzola cheese that has been melted down with a fork.
- 100 ml. chicken stock
- Salt and pepper the chicken portions
- Heat the olive and butter in a nonstick pot, place the chicken portions and braise until golden on all sides.
- Remove the chicken portions and add the onion and the bacon, braize them for about 5 minutes , stirring often.
- Add the chicken portions to the pot again, add the dry white wine and the worcestersire sauce ( optional ).
- Boil at a high heat for about 5 minutes, lower the heat thereafter, add the chicken stock and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese or gorgonzola cheese, the sour cream and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the chicken and sauce hot accompanied by rice ( optional )
In the video, the cook Nektarios Livitsanos (Facebook)
The recipe is from icookgreek.com